Make sure all your forms are complete on Final Forms and you have an up to date physical in order to participate in the athletic program.
Scholar-Athlete teams announced from the fall:
Congratulations to the follow varsity winter teams earning NYSPHSAA Scholar-Athlete team distinction: Varsity Boys Basketball, Varsity Girls Basketball, Varsity Girls Winter Track and Varsity Boys Winter Track.
To qualify as a Scholar-Athlete team, 75% of a team’s roster must have an average GPA of 90 or above. All student-athletes on the team who earned an individual GPA of 90 or above are considered Scholar-Athlete individuals. If a team did not qualify for the award, student-athletes who earned an individual GPA of 90 or above are still recognized as Scholar-Athlete individuals.
“We would like to congratulate our student-athletes and member schools,” said Dr. Robert Zayas, NYSPHSAA Executive Director. “We are extremely proud of this program which recognizes the student-athletes who excel in the classroom. We continue to see what hard working and dedicated student-athletes we have in New York each season and this shows how much NYSPHSAA student-athletes are committed to their education.”
Order your Southampton Mariners' gear at Southampton Online School Store
From April 28th to May 25th @ 11:59pm EST get 15% off an order of $75 or more.
Click the links below for some interesting articles about sports:
- Encouraging Your Child In Sports
- Sideline Suggestions
- "Sports Parenting"
- "Benefits of Multiple-sport Participation Outweigh Sport Specialization" by Matthew R. Shomper, CMAA
- "Why Football Matters" by John Harbaugh
- "Jordan Spieth's Multi-Sport Path to Golf Stardom" from Changing the Game Project
- Great article worth reading for sports parents on how early sports specialization is eroding youth sports