Congratulations to the Varsity Winter teams for earning NYSPHSAA Scholar-Athlete team award. The teams are awarded this honor when 75% of the roster has a cumulative average of over 90.
NYSPHSAA Announces Winter 2020 Scholar-Athlete Teams & Individuals
Latham, NY- The New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) is proud to announce its winter 2020 Scholar-Athlete teams and individuals. This is the 28th year the NYSPHSAA has conducted the Scholar-Athlete program, which is sponsored by Pupil Benefits Plan, Inc. and the American Dairy Association North East.
This winter, NYSPHSAA recognized 2,475 Scholar-Athlete teams and 30,497 individuals. A total of 569 schools across the state participated in the Scholar-Athlete program.
“Congratulations to the Scholar-Athlete teams and individuals from the winter 2020 season,” said Dr. Robert Zayas, NYSPHSAA Executive Director. “The Scholar-Athlete program continues to be one of the most rewarding endeavors we encourage here at the Association. The winter season was extremely challenging this year, so to see this many student-athletes honored for their work in the classroom is truly rewarding.”
Congratulations to the following Winter sports teams for being recognized as Scholar-Athlete team Award winners from NYPHSAA
- Varsity Girls Basketball and Coach Wingfield
- Varsity Boys Basketball and Coach Lamison
- Varsity Girls Track and Coach Arnold
- Varsity Boys Track and Coach Dottin
College Recruiting Presentation
Order your Southampton Mariners' gear at
Students, athletes, parents, alumni, and fans can now purchase their favorite custom logo’ d apparel at a great price.
It is as easy as 1, 2 & 3:
Pick your product, Pick your color, Add your favorite logo, and it ships directly to your front door.
Sideline Stores operate 24/7 and is supported by an expert customer service team.
Click the links below for some interesting articles about sports:
- Encouraging Your Child In Sports
- Sideline Suggestions
- "Sports Parenting"
- "Benefits of Multiple-sport Participation Outweigh Sport Specialization" by Matthew R. Shomper, CMAA
- "Why Football Matters" by John Harbaugh
- "Jordan Spieth's Multi-Sport Path to Golf Stardom" from Changing the Game Project
- Great article worth reading for sports parents on how early sports specialization is eroding youth sports