Grading Procedure for Spanish Class with Señora Martín
Each student will be evaluated on a regular, if not daily, basis in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing. I will use a wide range of evaluating techniques to insure all students have the greatest opportunity for success.
The following approximate rubric will be used:
Tests and Projects 25%
Class Participation 15%
1. Tests and Projects: Approximately 1 per month at the end of each chapter or unit of study. (Usually out of 100 points)
2. Quizzes: Every 1-2 weeks to check for comprehension of individual topics such as grammar and vocabulary. (20-40 points)
3. Conversations: Approximately 2 per month to assess communication and speaking skills. (25-35 points)
4. Homework/Classwork: 4-5 assignments per week worth 5 points each. **Late assignments will receive half credit, or assignments may be made up with teacher for full credit.**
5. Class Participation: Daily monitoring of speaking and listening skills in Spanish. This is some of the most important practice you will get. See attached explanation!