Nomination Forms & Procedures
What are the nomination procedures?
A nomination for induction into the Southampton School District Wall of Distinction may be submitted by the Hall of Fame committee, current faculty, administration, staff, alumnus, members of the media or the general public.
- All entries must be submitted on the official Southampton Wall of Distinction nomination form, which is available through the office of the Director of Athletics, main school offices and district website.
- The nomination form shall be completed and submitted to and received by the Director of Athletics, along with appropriate support materials, by the first Friday in April for a candidate to be considered for induction in the next school year. All nominations received for consideration must contain active and current address and contact information for the nominee (or family, if deceased). Provide as much support material as possible on the nominee.
- In addition to the official nomination form, the following materials should be submitted for an individual's consideration:
- A letter of recommendation from the person making the nomination and other letters of support from the appropriate individuals who can validate or substantiate pertinent information related to the nominee.
- If available, a limited number of newspaper clippings, magazine articles, copies of scorebooks and statistics may be included to help substantiate the accomplishments and contributions of the nominee.
What are the criteria for being nominated?
All nominees for the Wall of Distinction must exemplify the highest standards of ethical conduct and moral character. Candidates will be judged on their significant and/or long-term contributions to the Southampton School District.
In order to maintain the integrity of the Wall of Distinction, nominees must meet the criteria in one of the following categories:Contributor
- Contributor nominees must have been a loyal and devoted supporter of the Southampton School District for a minimum of 10 years. May include coaches, staff, scorers, media people or other similar positions.
- Alumni nominees must have attended Southampton Public Schools and graduated from Southampton High School at least 10 years from date of nomination and achieved a high level of professionalism, distinction or prominence.
- Distinguished alumni may be nominated in one of three categories: athletic achievement, professional achievement or humanitarian achievement.
- Athletic Achievement: Any former Southampton School District athlete who distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics and lettered in a varsity sport.
- Professional Achievement: Any former Southampton School District student/team who distinguished himself/herself with excellence and acknowledged leadership in his/her chosen field.
Distinguished Educator/Staff Member
- Humanitarian Achievement: Any former Southampton School District student who distinguished himself/herself with excellence and acknowledged leadership in service to the community.
- District staff nominees must have demonstrated exceptional leadership, character and achievement during their tenure in Southampton. A nominee must have been an administrator, coach, teacher or staff member within the Southampton School District for a minimum of 10 years.
- Any former Southampton School District student who paid the ultimate sacrifice and lost his/her life in service to our country.
Nominations need only be made one time. Those not selected for the current class of inductees will be retained for future consideration.