Southampton Public Schools Student Pledge for iPad
- I will take extraordinary care of my iPad
- I will never leave the iPad unattended or lend out to other individuals.
- I will not take recordings, photos or videos, of any staff or student without the subject’s explicit permission.
- I will know where my iPad is at all times.
- I will charge my iPad battery daily.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my device since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my iPad or attempt any repairs.
- I will protect my iPad by only carrying it while in the case provided.
- I will use my iPad in ways that are appropriate, meet SPS expectations, and are educational.
- I will not sign out of my school issued Student Apple id .
- I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on the iPad. I will not deface the serial number iPad sticker on any iPad.
- I understand that my iPad is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of the Southampton Public Schools and I will be held accountable for any inappropriate material found on the device.
- I understand that the presence of guns, weapons, pornographic materials, inappropriate language, alcohol, drug, gang-related symbols or pictures will result in disciplinary actions as noted in the district Network Policy and Code of Conduct.
- I will not send, access, upload, download or distribute offensive, profane, threatening, pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit materials.
- I will follow the policies outlined in the iPad Handbook and the District Network and Computer Policy while at school, as well as outside the school day.
- I will file a police report in case of theft, vandalism, and other acts covered by insurance.
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to return the District iPad, case and power cords in good working condition.
I agree to the stipulations set forth in the above documents including the iPad Handbook and District Network and Computer Policy.
Student Signature: ________________________________________________________
Parent Signature: _________________________________________________________
Revised 7/15/2012 JDP
Revised 7/15/2013 JDP
Revised 7/15/2014 JDP
Revised 6/23/2017 JDP
Revised 8/27/2018 JDP
Reviewed 2/15/2019 JDP
The above content is the same as the pdf below. You can print and sign the pledge.