Our scheduling process consists of several steps before student programs are finalized. Incoming Freshman (Class of 2025) and parents heard an overview of their specific process at last week’s Freshmen Orientation Program. To start, our current 9th grade students (Class of 2024) will be assigned a new counselor for their remaining years at SHS. After that, current 9th - 11th grade students will follow the process below:
- Step 1 - Review your quarter 2 report card comments that include projections on the course level for the following year. Any questions regarding projected course levels should be discussed with the classroom teacher.
- Step 2 - Counselors will meet with students in early March to facilitate course selections using the PowerSchool student portal.
- Step 3 - Counselors will meet with students to review their course selections in late March/early April.
- Step 4 - Course selections will be mailed home to parents in April for review.
- Step 5 - Parents and students will have the opportunity to meet with counselors, via Zoom, to discuss and adjust selected courses for finalization.