College Athletics "Recruiting" Presentation for Parents & Students
COLLEGE ATHLETICS “RECRUITING” PRESENTATION
FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS
WHEN: WEDNESDAY MAY 1st 6:30 PM
WHERE: SOUTHAMPTON HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
Speaker Mark Leinweaver of PERFECT PLAYCEMENT is an MLB Agent who educates parents, students and coaches on how to best approach the college selection & “recruitment” process – starting with a simple, realistic and logical plan to try to play at the next level.
The philosophy begins with student-athletes who actively participate on their varsity high school & summer teams and want to play at the college level could do so - but HAVE TO identify and pursue that “perfect” college FIRST and the sport second.
Important decision-making factors, too often overlooked, include finding a school that is…
- Right in Student Body Size
- Comfortable Proximity from Home
- Has the Desired Field(s) of Study
- Offers Extracurricular Opportunities
- Proper Athletic Level of Competition
Once those factors are identified, it is the role of the STUDENT to contact those colleges directly and communicate with the coaching staff. It is not the job of the coach to do so. Statistics suggest that over 95 to 99% of players are a better fit for Division II & III colleges. Thus, before and during the college selection process, every family should also consider…
- A) Financially investing in academics (10% to class/tutor VS. showcase/club teams)
- B) Achieving academic/merit VS. athletic scholarships (all money is created equal)
- C) Getting cut DOESN'T mean collegiate athletic career is over (volunteer for program)
Leinweaver is a graduate of Yorktown High School & former non-scholarship Division II athlete at Stonehill College who has spent the past 20 years working in pro & college sports.
For more information, please contact Darren Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org