SUFSD Continuity of Learning Plan
SUFSD Reopening plan is now available. We look forward to welcoming back our students for the 2020-2021 year!
Southampton School District, in partnership with our diverse community, will educate students in a safe, supportive environment and equip them with the knowledge, values and skills to become responsible citizens in a dynamic global society.
In keeping with our mission, Southampton Union Free School District has taken the initiative to proactively plan for a safe Re-Entry for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year in September. Please note that we have created a Re-Entry Task Force composed of leadership throughout the district that represents the instructional, health, safety, transportation, facilities and nutritional needs of our students. To ensure the inclusion of key stakeholders in the district, five additional work groups have been created - each made up of administrators, teachers, students, parents, board members and other support staff.
We have created this plan to aid in navigating the reestablishment of our school where employees, students, and families feel safe and to reduce the impact of COVID-19 conditions upon returning to the district. The guidelines referenced in this plan are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and N.Y.S. Department of Health (D.O.H.) and the N.Y.S. Education Dept. (NYSED). Updates may be made to this plan on a periodic basis based on information provided by the CDC, WHO, and applicable federal, state and local agencies.
- Maintaining student, staff and visitor safety in our buildings, on our buses and on our property
- Promoting continuity of instruction
- Granting equity and access for all of our students and families
- Focusing on the social and emotional needs of our students
- Providing regular and consistent communication to all involved
- Creating a program that remains within our community approved 2020-2021 school budget.